We require at least 5 labeled photos to help us evaluate your property.
We prefer pictures showing an overview of the gardens that contain the required plants. Please label the required plants shown in your pictures.
There are various ways to add captions or labels to digital photos.
Some of the most common methods include:
This is one of the easiest ways to label a photo. Simply rename the file and add a short description to the beginning or end of the file name.
There are free online photo editing software programs that allow users to add text to their photos. This text can be placed anywhere on the image and can be customized in terms of font, color, size, and placement. One example is fotor.com. This article explains how to use fotor.com to add text to photos.
A popular word processing software is Microsoft Word. This tutorial explains how to add pictures in Word documents. If you don't have Word, there are free online word processing tools you can use.
Google Docs is one example a free online word processor. Google Docs is included as part of the free, web-based Google Docs Editors suite. This tutorial explains how to add pictures to a Google Doc.
One slide show tool you can use is Microsoft PowerPoint.
- This tutorial explains how to add pictures to a PowerPoint slide.
- This tutorial explains how to add a text box over the picture. You can use this feature to identify the plants in your pollinator habitat.
If you don't have PowerPoint, there are free online presentation tools you can use.
Google Slides is one example of a free online presentation program.
- This tutorial explains how to add pictures to a Google Slide.
- This tutorial explains how to add text to a Google Slide.
- This tutorial explains how to print your Google Slides file to a PDF you can submit with your application.
Use Printed Photos
Or, if you prefer, you can get your photos printed and put your labels directly on the photos using tape or sticky notes. You can then take a picture of your labeled photograph with your phone to have a digital image to upload to the application. Or you can scan the photo to your computer to upload it to the application.